Asked by: Hank Howardtravel camping
How do you change a lock on a desk drawer?
Last Updated: 5th February, 2020
- Open the desk drawer and examine the back of the lock where it fits against the back of the drawer front.
- Insert the key into the lock cylinder and turn the key counterclockwise to move the lock tab from over the left or right retaining screw.
- Remove the screws with a Phillips-head screwdriver.
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, how do you lock a desk drawer?
How to Add a Lock to a Desk Drawer
- Examine the desk drawer. Check to make sure the drawer face itself is thick enough and strong enough to mount the surface lock directly onto its surface.
- Locate the lock on the face of the drawer.
- Mark the exact location of the matching bolt receptacle that will be installed into the drawer frame.
Also, how do you pick a file drawer lock? How to Unlock a File Cabinet When the Key Is Lost
- Take one piece of wire and bend it into a "Z" shape using your pliers.
- Take a second piece of wire and bend it so that it has a small upward point on one end.
- Place one end of the torque wrench into the lock, and apply pressure with your thumb.
Additionally, how do you change a lock on a file cabinet?
Fortunately, it is fairly easy to replace a filing cabinet lock, even if you no longer have the key.
- Open the cabinet drawer that is closest to the lock.
- Grasp the C-shaped clip at the back of the lock with pliers.
- Install your lock.
- Hold the C-clip flush against the inside wall of the cabinet.
What is a cam lock?
A cam lock is a type of fastener that is often used in cabinet construction. Cam locks allow the cabinets to be held securely together without affecting the outward appearance. Cam locks are cylindrical fasteners that are used in cabinetmaking and many types of furniture.