Asked by: Lyndsay Mudrakstyle and fashion nail care
How do you change a primer bulb on a Stihl weedeater?
Last Updated: 22nd June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Also asked, how do you change a primer bulb?
Reviewing these steps will likely help with primer bulb replacements on other engines.
- Access the carburetor.
- Unscrew the two carburetor mount screws.
- Remove the old primer bulb.
- Clean the carburetor and primer bulb components.
- Install the new primer bulb.
- Remount the carburetor.
Also, how does a primer ball work? How It Works. Pressing the primer bulb creates a vacuum that sucks gas from the fuel tank through the fuel lines and into the carburetor. Pressing the primer only a couple times should supply enough fuel to mix with air in the carburetor, and be ready for combustion.
Similarly, is primer bulb necessary?
A primer bulb is important because it is helps to fill the carburetor with the correct amount of fuel. It does this by pulling fuel through the fuel line. You may need to fix or replace your primer bulb if: It is not creating proper suction.
How do you start a lawn mower without a primer bulb?
- Find the air cleaner and remove its cover.
- Proceed to remove the air cleaner itself.
- The housing should be clearly exposed by now.
- Quickly put the air cleaner back in its original position and replace the cover.
- Now, your lawn mower is ready to use without the primer bulb!