Asked by: Altamira Gaenschhome and garden home appliances
How do you change the belt on a Troy Bilt Pony deck?
Last Updated: 5th June, 2020
- Park the Troy-Bilt Pony lawn tractor on a flat surface.
- Lift the engine hood, and locate the spark plug boot near the front of the engine.
- Locate the belt keeper rod on the mower deck covering the engine pulley.
- Remove the deck belt from the engine pulley and idler pulley.
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, how do you change the belt on a Troy Bilt Pony?
How to Replace the Drive Belts on a Troy-Bilt Pony Lawn Tractor
- Lower the deck to its lowest position. Use your tractors lever to move the mower deck to its lowest position.
- Remove the belt guard.
- Remove the belt from the pulley.
- Remove the rear of the deck.
- Remove the front of the deck.
- Remove the PTO cable.
- Remove the spring.
- Slide the deck out.
Secondly, who makes Troy Bilt? As of Mar-2015, Troy-Bilt LLC is a subsidiary of MTD Consumer Group, Inc., based in Valley City, Ohio. Troy-Bilt LLC was formed in Sept-2001 to manage the Troy-Bilt brand. MTD acquired the Troy-Bilt and Bolens brands for $44.1 million when Garden Way, Inc.
Also to know, how do you tighten the belt on a riding lawn mower?
How to Tighten a Riding Lawnmower Belt
- Turn off the engine of your lawnmower and disconnect the spark plug wire as well.
- Locate the main frame tube on your lawnmower.
- Locate the belt, also known as the drive belt, inside the deck of your lawnmower.
- Tighten the belt of your lawnmower by shortening the location of the main frame inside the clamps.
How does the belt go on a Troy Bilt riding mower?
Working from the rear of the mower, remove the belt from the engine pulley, and then the transmission pulley. First, route the belt around the engine pulley and then around the transmission pulley by threading it through the belt keeper, making sure to go through the belt keepers.