Asked by: Mudassar Chioreanhobbies and interests woodworking
How do you change the blade on a Craftsman 10 inch radial arm saw?
Also asked, how do you change the blade on a 10 inch Craftsman miter saw?
How to Change a Blade on a Craftsman Miter Saw
- Turn off the saw by flipping the switch to the off position.
- Grab the arm and lock it into the highest position to allow for maximum workspace to remove the blade.
- Detach or loosen the guard so it is out of the way of the blade.
- Remove the lock the blade is attached to by using a 3/8 inch wrench.
Also to know is, how do you set a radial arm saw table?
Setting Up a Radial Arm Saw
- Step 1: Assemble the Stand.
- Step 2: Set the Saw Base on the Stand.
- Step 3: Install the Saw Arm.
- Step 4: Install the Key for the Column.
- Step 5: Prepare the Motor Yoke Assembly for Sliding Onto the Arm.
- Step 6: Slide the Yoke Onto the Arm.
- Step 7: Set the Tension on the Bearing Rollers.
- Step 8: Choose the Electrical Service.
Video of the Day
- Mark a straight line across a piece of scrap wood with a pencil. Place the wood on the miter saw table beneath the saw blade.
- Lower the handle of the miter saw until the blade is to the left side of the line.
- Turn on the laser on the saw handle.
- Loosen the screw 1/8 turn with a Phillips screwdriver.