Asked by: Wiaam Gullytechnology and computing web hosting
How do you change your DNS settings in Linux Windows?
Last Updated: 14th April, 2020
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > NetworkandSharing Center > (on the left bar) ChangeAdapterSettings.
- Right-Click the adapter you want to configure andchooseProperties.
- Double-Click Internet Protocel Version4 (TCP/IPv4)
- You can set your DNS servers' address on thebottomhalf.
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, how do I change DNS settings in Linux?
Change DNS settings on Linux
- Open the resolv.conf file with an editor, such as nano , tomakethe necessary changes. If the file doesn't already exist,thiscommand creates it:
- Add lines for the name servers that you want to use.
- Save the file.
- To ensure that your new settings are working, ping thedomainname by using the following command:
Also Know, how do I change my DNS settings? To change your DNS server, head toSettings> Wi-Fi, long-press the network you'reconnected to, andtap “Modify Network”. Tochange DNSsettings, tap the “IPsettings” boxand change it to“Static” instead of thedefault DHCP. Dependingon your device, you may need to checkan“Advanced” box to see thissetting.
Correspondingly, how do I change DNS settings on Windows?
How to change DNS settings using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Change adapter settings option in the left pane.
- Right-click the network interface connected to the internet,andselect the Properties option.
How do I change DNS settings in Windows 10?
Change your DNS server in Windows 10
- Open Network and Internet settings in Control Panel.
- Select Change Adapter Settings.
- Right click your Network Adapter and select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) andthenProperties.
- Toggle Use the following DNS server addresses and type intwoDNS addresses.