Asked by: Jonnie Readeautomotive scooters
How do you check the transmission fluid in a Chevy Equinox?
Last Updated: 28th May, 2020
- Getting Started.
- Open the Hood.
- Remove Dipstick. Access point for transmissionfluid.
- Check Level. Insert dipstick and pull it out todetermine level.
- Add Fluid. Determine correct fluid type and addfluid.
- Replace Dipstick.
- More Info.
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, where is the transmission dipstick?
- On rear-wheel drive vehicles, the dipstick isusually on the passenger side of the engine compartment, near theback of the engine. - On front-wheel drive vehicles, thedipstick is usually on the driver's side, on one side of thetransmission.
Additionally, how do you check automatic transmission fluid? To check your automatic transmission fluid, follow thesesteps:
- Pull out the dipstick. With the gearshift in Neutral or Parkand the parking brake on, let your engine run.
- Check the fluid.
- Wipe the dipstick with a clean, lint-free rag; then reinsert itand pull it out again.
Just so, how much transmission fluid does a Chevy Equinox take?
The automatic transmission in the Equinoxcalls for between 4.2 and 6.3 quarts of Dexron VI synthetictransmission fluid.
How do you add transmission fluid?
- Park your car on a level surface with the engine running.
- Raise the hood.
- Find the automatic transmission fluid pipe.
- Pull out the transmission fluid dipstick.
- Check the condition of the transmission fluid.
- Add transmission fluid, if necessary.
- Run the car and take it through each gear if possible.