Asked by: Ladislaa Gerbrandthome and garden home appliances
How do you clean a really dirty basement?
Last Updated: 1st May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, how do you clean dirty concrete?
Mix 1/2 cup baking soda to one gallon of water for a gentle cleaning solution. Add 1/8 cup of liquid dish detergent. Spray on patio surface, let sit for 30 minutes, then scrub and rinse. For heavily stained or mildewed patios, you may need a pressure washer.
Secondly, how do you clean a dirty floor? Step by step instructions include:
- Sweep or vacuum loose debris.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the floor.
- Mix one gallon of hot water, one cup of vinegar, and a few drops of dish soap.
- Mop the floor with the mixture, using the scrub brush to remove stubborn dirt, or in high traffic areas.
In respect to this, how do you clean old basement walls?
How to Clean Cinder Block Basement Walls
- Plastic sheets.
- 5-gallon plastic bucket.
- Long-handled nylon bristle brush.
- Step stool.
- 1/2 cup liquid dish detergent.
- 2 gallons hot water.
- Rubber gloves.
- 1 cup liquid household bleach.
What does vinegar do to concrete?
Vinegar: The Good, Bad and Downright Ugly Truth as a Cleaning Agent. Etching – Vinegar's ability to dissolve CaCO3 will dull your marble, travertine, concrete and terrazzo surfaces. It may “clean” the surface but it is also dissolving pits into the finish and effectively dulling it.