Asked by: Jeniffer Thietjefood and drink barbecues and grilling
How do you clean an outdoor griddle?
Last Updated: 29th January, 2020
- Let the griddle cool down after cooking.
- Scrape the surface with a metal spatula or scraper;
- Wipe it down with a paper towel.
- Pour some water onto the griddle while it's still warm.
- Rub a nylon scouring pad gently on the surface.
- Rinse off the water with paper towels.
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, what's the best way to clean a flat top grill?
Cleaning a Chrome Griddle
- While griddle is hot, scrape surface clean of food debris and grease buildup.
- Pour on warm water and scrub using a palmetto brush.
- Again, do NOT use an abrasive, such as grill bricks or scouring pads.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Allow surface to cool and dry off.
Also Know, how do you clean a flat top grill with vinegar? Spray the grill surface and cooking grates with the water-vinegar mix. If you're using a gas burner to heat up your griddle, then you may want to remove the cooking grates and spray it with the water-vinegar mix away from the gas burner to avoid getting water and debris in it.
Similarly, how do you season an outdoor griddle?
While surface is warm, pour a small amount of peanut or vegetable oil on a paper towel and spread evenly. Push and turn control knob to 350°F (175°C). Heat until griddle begins to smoke, then turn to OFF and allow to cool. Once cool, wipe off any excess oil.
Why is my Blackstone griddle rusting?
One of the major reasons why the griddle will rust is because you have probably kept it in an environment where it is open to moisture and morning dew. It is imperative to keep in mind that rust forms on any iron or steel surface when it comes into contact with water in the atmosphere.