- Step 1 – Saturate the surface with a cleaner leaving it to absorb into the concrete.
- Step 2 – While the surface remains wet, scrub the surface with a stiff bristled broom to agitate and help the cleaner penetrate and loosen the dirt.
Herein, can you pressure wash exposed aggregate?
Because of the pressures involved, there is always the possibility of dislodging aggregate. Therefore, pressure washing is not really recommended. Power washing at an angle is more likely to dislodge aggregate. Loosened aggregate can be repaired.
Then, does Exposed aggregate need to be sealed?
Proper sealing is an essential component of exposed aggregate concrete maintenance. A quality sealer will greatly enhance the beauty of your concrete patio or deck. More importantly, the right sealer will also protect the porous surface from stains and weather-related damage.
How to Resurface an Aggregate Driveway
- Remove grime and grease stains with a power washer and a scrub brush.
- Fill any cracks and holes created by dislodged aggregate with vinyl concrete patching compound using a putty knife and trowel.
- Use a roller brush to apply a coat of bonding adhesive over the entire driveway.