Asked by: Kristyna Serrihobbies and interests woodworking
How do you clean red cedar wood?
Last Updated: 4th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, how do you clean cedar wood?
- Pour one gallon of water into a bucket, mixed with 2 ounces of oxalic acid. This type of acid can be found at any hardware or home improvement store and works well on cedar.
- Dip a cleaning brush into the solution, then scrub the solution into the wood.
- Rinse outdoor areas with a hose.
Additionally, how do you keep cedar looking natural?
- Sweep or brush off the cedar area completely with your broom, removing any large debris and any dirt that can be brushed off easily.
- Mix the exterior wood wash, according to package directions, with water in the large bucket.
- Clean off the wood wash mixture using a power washer or garden hose.
- Dry the cedar.
Secondly, how do you treat red cedar?
1. On bare new or restored cedar, apply one coat only of water-repellent preservative (1% or less of wax by volume and content). Allow it to dry for the period of time recommended by the manufacturer. If the wood has been dip treated, a longer drying time may be needed.
How do I make cedar look new again?
Just take a pump up sprayer and add Clorox bleach ( must use clorox brand) 1 part bleach and 2 parts water. When you spray it on the fence the gray washes off and the board looks new again.