Asked by: Omaida Hambruggefood and drink healthy cooking and eating
How do you cover cauliflower leaves?
Last Updated: 15th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Herein, can you eat the leaves of cauliflower?
The outer leaves of cauliflower are delicious and edible but many people throw them away. You can cook them just like spring greens and use as a substitute for any leafy greens such as kale and collard greens.
Beside above, what can I do with leftover cauliflower leaves? So, instead of throwing them away, try a few of these simple ideas.
- Flavor Soups and Stews. The leaves of the cauliflower have a strong flavor alone.
- Eat Raw. An easy way to add extra nutrients to your diet is by eating a few cauliflower leaves raw.
- Make Healthy Finger Foods.
- Cover Food.
Regarding this, what can I do with cauliflower leaves and stalks?
Here are a few ways to use up your cauliflower and broccoli stalks and leaves.
- Roasted. You can roast peeled stems cut into 1-2 inch sections right along with the plant's florets.
- Stir-Fried. There are very few vegetables that don't go well in a stir-fry.
- Mac and Cheese.
- Rice It.
Are cauliflower leaves healthy?
Cauliflower Greens are an excellent source of Iron having 40 mg of Iron per 100 grams consumed. Cauliflower leaves are full of natural antioxidants that have been shown to help prevent cancer. In addition, adding the dark green leaves makes your dinner even more healthy as they contain good amount of phytonutrients.