Asked by: Boujema Dappergertechnology and computing desktop publishing
How do you create a custom table of contents?
Last Updated: 4th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, how do you create a custom table of contents in Word?
Format the text in your table of contents
- Go to References > Table of Contents > Insert Table ofContents.
- Select Modify.
- In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change andthen click Modify.
- In the Modify Style pane make your changes.
- Select OK to save changes.
Also Know, how do I create a table of contents? Follow these steps to insert a table of contents:
- Click in your document where you want to create the table ofcontents. If you'd like it to appear on its own page, insert a pagebreak (Ctrl+Enter) before and after inserting the ToC.
- Click the References tab.
- Choose the style of Table of Contents you wish to insert.
Also question is, how do I create a custom table of contents in Word 2016?
How to Add a Table of Contents in Word 2016
- Format your document using heading styles found on the Hometab, e.g., Heading 1, Heading 2, and so on.
- Place the cursor where you want the table of contents to appear(usually, the beginning of the document)
- Click Table of Contents on the References Tab, and choose oneof the types of tables of contents available.
How do you format a table of contents in Google Docs?
Here's how to add one to your document:
- Go to the Format menu and select Paragraph styles to addheadings to sections of your document.
- Place your cursor where you'd like to insert the table ofcontents.
- Go to the Insert menu, and select Table of contents.