Asked by: Augustine Estellertechnology and computing data storage and warehousing
How do you create a table in Teradata with select statement?
Last Updated: 14th March, 2020
- Create a full copy of an existing table.
- Create a new copy of a table that contains only some of the original records - a subset.
- Create an empty table but with exactly the same structure of the original.
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, how do I copy a table in Teradata?
16.10 - Copying a Table - Teradata Data Mover
- In the object browser, click the check box next to the name of the table you want to copy.
- Click to display the Table Settings dialog box.
- [Optional] For Teradata tables, select one of the following criteria under Copy the following to restrict the copy job.
Additionally, what is collect statistics in Teradata? Per Teradata documentation, the purpose of COLLECT STATISTICS is to collect demographic data for one or more columns of a base table, hash index, or join index, then compute a statistical profile of the collected data and store the synopsis in the data dictionary.
what is create multiset table in Teradata?
MULTISET. SET. A MULTISET table allows duplicate rows in compliance with the ANSI/ISO SQL 2011 standard. A SET table does not allow duplicate rows. If there are uniqueness constraints on any column or set of columns in the table definition, then the table cannot have duplicate rows even if it is declared as MULTISET.
How do I create a schema in Teradata?
Teradata Studio User Guide In the Navigator, double-click on the database in which you want to create the schema. The list opens in the Object List Viewer. In the Object List Viewer, display the schema list and click . In the Create Schema form, click General and type a Name for the new schema.