Asked by: Nemecia Radevahobbies and interests jewelry making
How do you cut a hole in a stainless steel sink?
Last Updated: 26th March, 2020
- Getting Started - First Step. Using a tape measure and marker, locate the center of the hole that you want to cut out.
- Now Make a Dimple. Next, using a center punch or nail, create a small dimple, where you mark the center of the hole.
- Apply Lubricant.
- Cutting the Hole:
- Removing the Sharp Edges.
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, where can I cut a hole in a kitchen sink?
Cutting a Hole in a Countertop for the Sink
- Drill two starter holes in opposite corners just inside the cutting line. Use a 3/4-inch spade bit and drill through the laminate and substrate.
- Place the blade of the jigsaw in the starter hole and line up the blade exactly on the cutting line.
- Cut slowly along the line.
One may also ask, what is the best drill bit for stainless steel? Cobalt bits with a 5-8% cobalt blend are the most durable and suitable for all your stainless steel projects. We recommend the DEWALT DW1361 Titanium Pilot Point Drill Bit Set or the Irwin Tools 3018002 Cobalt Metal Drill Bit Set.
Beside above, can you use a hole saw to cut stainless steel?
High speed steel is used on the outer edge due to its wear resistance properties and forms the cutting edge of the teeth. A good bi-metal hole saw will easily cut through softer materials, such as plastic and wood-based items, as well as harder materials, such as steel and stainless steel.
How do you cut a hole in a undermount sink?
Cut a Hole for the Sink Make sure it's positioned square with the counter and in the proper location for plumbing. Drill several holes inside marked area large enough to accommodate jigsaw blade. For an undermount sink, insert jigsaw blade in the hole and cut about 1/4"-1/2" inside line.