- Do not leave pet food or trash outdoors at night.
- Pick fruit and garden crops when they are ripe to discourage opossums, and do not leave rotten fruit or crops on the ground.
- Eliminate brush piles, dilapidated buildings, and holes under concrete slabs – you will eliminate opossum hotels.
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, how do you get rid of a possum?
5 Ways to Get Rid of the Opossums as Recommended by the Scientists
- Shooting and hunting. The most radical way to get rid of possums is shooting them, but it is banned in many states.
- Humane traps.
- Lethal traps.
Additionally, how do you get a possum out of your house? You have three main options for getting an opossum out of the house:
- Use a tool, such as a snare pole as seen below, to grab the animal and bring it outside, or in a trap.
- Grab the animal by the tail.
- Open all the doors and wait for it to walk out, or usher it along with a push broom.
Subsequently, question is, what home remedy will get rid of possums?
To keep raccoons, possums, skunks, or other critters out of your garbage, regularly spray the side of your cans with a mixture of half ammonia, and half water. They hate the smell (as we all do) and will stay away. (You can also try using an ammonia-based glass cleaner like Windex, but it's not as strong.)
What is the best way to kill a possum?
The best way to put the opossum down in a humane way is to shoot it in the head with a fire weapon, like a gun or a shotgun. An advantage of this method is that it will kill the animal instantly.