Asked by: Keena Kobbehome and garden interior decorating
How do you decorate dark wood floors?
Last Updated: 24th February, 2020
- Use lighter furniture: if your floors are stained dark wood color, use furniture which is lighter than your floors.
- Focus on your wall color: the most suitable wall color will depend on your room size, and the atmosphere you would like to create.
Click to see full answer.
People also ask, what furniture looks good with dark wood floors?
The lighter wood furniture, fluffy white rugs, and crisp white walls here provide contrast to the dark wood floors without appearing stark.
- Match furniture legs to the floors.
- Rich wall color and kilim rug.
- Dark rug, light walls.
- Marble, white, bronze and wood.
- “Muddied” hues and layered textures.
Additionally, how do you style dark floors? Here are our tips on making the most of your dark wood floors and how to make every piece you choose work beautifully to create a sophisticated home.
- Combine with White Furniture.
- Combine with Bright White Walls.
- Go A Few Shades Lighter.
- Choose a Bold Rug.
- Consider a Transition Shade.
- Contrast with Pale and Interesting.
Additionally, what color goes with dark wood floors?
If you prefer a bit of color, go with a whisper-light blue or lavender. Dark wood floors in the kitchen can be very chic. Keep the overall effect elegant and light by balancing the dark floors with white cabinetry and walls, warm bronze metals and wood accents just a few shades lighter than the floors.
How can I make my dark wood floors lighter?
Experts recommend leaving it natural or bleaching to attain a lighter color. In most cases, the lightest color you can go is natural. If you want to go beyond that, the only choice is to bleach or use a whitewash stain. Homeowners with oak are likely to use this option since this type of wood is naturally dark.