Asked by: Mehwish Talitskikhhome and garden home appliances
How do you defrost a Maytag refrigerator?
Last Updated: 4th January, 2020
- Unplug freezer or disconnect power.
- Remove all frozen food. Wrap frozen food in several layers of newspaper and cover with a blanket. Food will stay frozen for several hours. You may also store frozen food in a cooler, additional refrigerator, freezer, or in a cool area.
Click to see full answer.
Simply so, how do you manually defrost a Maytag refrigerator?
1. Hold the refrigerator door light switch closed. 2. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Down keypad 3 times consecutively within 10 seconds.
Secondly, where is the defrost drain on a Maytag refrigerator? Your Maytag fridge has an automatic defrost system that melts the ice from the freezer coils. As the ice melts, it drips to the bottom of the freezer, exits through a drain and collects in a drain pan beneath the body of the refrigerator where the heat from the condenser and motor evaporates the water.
Also asked, how do I turn off defrost on my fridge?
How to Reset a Refrigerator Defrost Timer
- Locate the defrost timer.
- Remove the panel that is below the refrigerator doors.
- Remove the rear bottom panel with a Phillips screwdriver or a socket wrench.
- On the front of the defrost timer there will be a circular notch.
- Turn the notch until the refrigerator fan has shut off.
How does the defrost cycle work on a refrigerator?
The defrost mechanism in a refrigerator heats the cooling element (evaporator coil) for a short period of time and melts the frost that has formed on it. The resulting water drains through a duct at the back of the unit. Inside the freezer, air is circulated by means of one or more fans.