Asked by: Eline Burnpersonal finance government support and welfare
How do you distribute expressions?
Last Updated: 12th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
People also ask, how do you do the distributive property step by step?
Method 1 Using the BasicDistributiveProperty
- Multiply the term outside of the parentheses by each term intheparentheses. To do this, you are essentially distributing theouterterm into the inner terms.
- Combine like terms. Before you can solve the equation, youwillhave to combine like terms.
- Solve the equation.
Secondly, do you distribute when you multiply? The correct answer is 30(2) + 30(4). Thedistributiveproperty of multiplication over subtraction islike thedistributive property of multiplication overaddition.You can subtract the numbers and thenmultiply, oryou can multiply and then subtract asshown below. This iscalled “distributingthemultiplier.”
Beside above, how do I simplify an expression?
Here are the basic steps to follow to simplify analgebraicexpression:
- remove parentheses by multiplying factors.
- use exponent rules to remove parentheses in termswithexponents.
- combine like terms by adding coefficients.
- combine the constants.
What is the distributive rule?
Distributive law, in mathematics, thelawrelating the operations of multiplication and addition,statedsymbolically, a(b + c) = ab + ac; that is, the monomialfactor a isdistributed, or separately applied, to each term of thebinomialfactor b + c, resulting in the product ab +ac.