Asked by: Zineb Ibaiderpets cats
How do you dog proof a Christmas tree?
Last Updated: 4th March, 2020
- Make sure your tree is very secure.
- Be careful of fallen needles.
- Don't let your dog drink the tree water.
- Keep lights and cords safely out of reach.
- Be careful when choosing ornaments.
- Avoid scented or edible decorations.
- Scrap the metal ornament hooks.
- Avoid tinsel altogether.
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, how do I stop my dog from attacking my Christmas tree?
There's something about those pine needles that'ssoenticing to dogs and cats. Here's how to stop apet-relatedfestive fiasco.
- Secure your tree.
- Get a scratching post.
- Spray branches.
- Hang decorations on higher branches.
- Position your tree away from furniture your pet can climb.
- Don't put pet presents under the tree.
Beside above, how do I cat proof my Christmas tree? One of the very best ways to cat-proofyourtree is by spraying it with an orange-scented spray (orplacingactual orange peels at the base of the tree).Anothersolution is to use a bitter (cat-deterrent) spray,availableat most pet stores.
People also ask, will my dog eat my Christmas tree?
Christmas trees are also generally safe forpets.However, pine needles can cause damage to eyes ifpetsshould run into the tree, such as acorneallaceration. Should pets ingest the sapproduced bythe tree, mild gastrointestinal discomfort mayoccur, butnatural trees are generally non-toxic for catsanddogs.
How do I stop my cat from pulling down the Christmas tree?
Cats naturally hate the scent of oranges, sokeeporange peels under the tree to repel yourcat. If itsa plastic tree, a small amount ofCitronella oil shaken intoa bottle of water and misted on to thetree makes it smellunpleasant to the cat but freshand citrus-like to you.Consider getting a Scotch Pine.