Asked by: Braulia Cibeiraautomotive auto parts
How do you dry a distributor cap?
Last Updated: 6th June, 2020
- Place the cap upside down, and spray it with yourcarburetor cleaner.
- Shake the cap around gently, to allow the cleaner toreach every crevice.
- Use a clean, lint-free, dry towel to dry thecap out completely. Leave in a warm place for an hour tocomplete the drying process.
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, how do you get moisture out of a distributor cap?
How to Keep Moisture Out of Your Distributor Cap
- Step 1 - Access. Remove the coil wire from the distributor capand follow this with the spark plug wires, marking which wire goeswhere on the cap.
- Step 2 - Cleaning and Seal. Using a clean, dry rag, wipe outthe inside of the distributor cap and leave it in a warm area todry out.
- Step 3 - Keeping Moisture Out.
Likewise, what happens if the distributor gets wet? Eventually, as the engine heats up, the moisture in thedistributor evaporates, the plug wires warm up and dry out abit, and the cylinders all fire. But when the enginegets cold, the moisture re-condenses inside thedistributor cap, and on the next rainy morning, you have thesame problem.
Subsequently, question is, can you spray wd40 on distributor cap?
After you get it dried out and running,spray the whole area with Hair Spray. The WD inWD40 stands for "water disperser". Spray the systemdown inside and out (cap not points ifapplicable).
Can a distributor cap be cleaned?
In most cases, you'll also have to clean thedistributor cap, so you may need to have a small, roundbrush near you. When removing your distributor cap, keep theignition wires that lead to your spark plugs attached.