Asked by: Zulfiqar Badiufamily and relationships parenting babies and toddlers
How do you extend Play Doh activities?
- Poke in spaghetti (from Having Fun at Home)
- Make spaghetti towers by stringing on pasta and cheerios (from Pre-School Play)
- Make sand playdough and add seashells (from The Imagination Tree)
- Use googly eyes and feathers to create playdough monsters.
- Stick candles in for birthday cakes.
Moreover, how do you extend Play Doh?
Extension ideas You can ask kids to go on a scavenger hunt for items (or sort through the recycling bin) to find plastics with interesting textures. For a fine motor bonus, talk about textures and encourage kids to run their hands lightly over the surface of the playdough textures they create. Layer the textures.
Also, how does playing with playdough help a child's development?
Benefits of play dough
- Enhances fine motor skill.
- Improves pre-writing skills.
- Creativity and imagination.
- Calming effect.
- Develops hand - eye coordination.
- Social skills.
- Increases curiosity and knowledge.
two years old