Asked by: Zulfiqar Badiufamily and relationships parenting babies and toddlers
How do you extend Play Doh activities?
Last Updated: 13th February, 2020
- Poke in spaghetti (from Having Fun at Home)
- Make spaghetti towers by stringing on pasta and cheerios (from Pre-School Play)
- Make sand playdough and add seashells (from The Imagination Tree)
- Use googly eyes and feathers to create playdough monsters.
- Stick candles in for birthday cakes.
Click to see full answer.
Moreover, how do you extend Play Doh?
Extension ideas You can ask kids to go on a scavenger hunt for items (or sort through the recycling bin) to find plastics with interesting textures. For a fine motor bonus, talk about textures and encourage kids to run their hands lightly over the surface of the playdough textures they create. Layer the textures.
Additionally, is playdough a sensory activity? Sensory exploration and play based learning with playdough. Playdough is a truly wonderful play based learning tool for children. It can be used as a medium for strengthening fine motor skills and supporting colour , letter and number recognition as well as encouraging sensory exploration and investigation.
Also, how does playing with playdough help a child's development?
Benefits of play dough
- Enhances fine motor skill.
- Improves pre-writing skills.
- Creativity and imagination.
- Calming effect.
- Develops hand - eye coordination.
- Social skills.
- Increases curiosity and knowledge.
What age is Play Doh for?
two years old