Also know, how do you make a shelf look nice?
How to Style a Bookshelf When You Have a Lot of Books
- Vary Horizontal and Vertical Stacking. I like to start by dividing up all my books by size.
- Add Color to The Back of Your Bookshelf. This is a great way to make your bookshelf look more harmonious.
- Display Books by Size and Use Bookends. If you can adjust your shelves, I like to keep the top shelves a bit smaller.
Consequently, how do I color code my bookshelf?
How to Color Code Your Bookshelf
- Step One: Have fewer books. This is probably the hardest part.
- Step Two: Take everything down to sort.
- Step Three: Break up sections visually.
- Step Four: Doohickeys.
- Step Five: Move everything to the front of the shelf.
- Step Six: Obsessively move individual books until you're happy.
- Step Seven: Enjoy.
Deep bookshelves give you the luxury to play with layers. Lean artwork along the back of the shelves, and anchor them with books or heavier objects. To decorate the bookcase, place a few small pieces of art near the front of the shelves to give them depth.