Asked by: Bismark Hagenbuchnerscience physics
How do you find the nth square root in Excel?
Last Updated: 29th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, how do you find the nth root of a number in Excel?
- Calculate a square root. The syntax for the SQRT() functionis:=SQRT(number)
- Calculate an nth root. Use the POWER() function to calculateanyroot value: =POWER(number,(1/n))
- Calculate roots of imaginary numbers. Excel offers theIMSQRT()and IMPOWER() functions to return roots and powers ofimaginarynumbers.
Additionally, how do I find under root in Excel? Top 5 Ways to Calculate SQUARE Root in Excel
- POWER(number, power)
Consequently, how do you square a number in Excel?
Square a number
- Click inside a cell on your worksheet.
- Type =N^2 into the cell, where N is the number you wanttosquare. For example, to insert the square of 5 into cell A1,type=5^2 into the cell.
- Press Enter to see the result. Tip: You can also clickintoanother cell to see the squared result.
How do you find the 6th root?
The sixth root of a number is the numberthatwould have to be multiplied by itself 6 times to get theoriginalnumber. For example, the sixth root of 729 is 3 as 3x 3 x 3x 3 x 3 x 3 is 729. The sixth root of 4,096 is 4, as4 x 4 x4 x 4 x 4 x 4 is 4,096.