Asked by: Nunilon Bourneautomotive road side assistance
How do you fix a flooded chainsaw?
Last Updated: 11th January, 2020
- Have the chain break on.
- Turn the choke off.
- Activate the fast idle (by engaging the throttle lock/trigger assembly or pulling the choke out and pushing it back in.
- Turn the on/off switch on.
Click to see full answer.
In this manner, how do you fix a flooded Stihl chainsaw?
How to Troubleshoot a Stihl Chainsaw With a Flooding Engine
- Move the" Master" control switch to the cold start position.
- Pull the spark plug wire off of the spark plug and remove the spark plug from the cylinder head.
- Pull on the engine starter multiple times to clear the fuel out of the cylinder.
Subsequently, question is, how long to wait if chainsaw is flooded? Let your chainsaw sit for 15-20 minutes to allow the fuel to evaporate from the engine and then to repeat the starting instructions. Maybe go make a cup of hop tea while you wait. This method will work best with a mildly flooded engine.
In this manner, why is my chainsaw flooding?
The number one cause for flooding the two-cycle engine of a chain saw is improper cranking. Many novice chain saw operators get over anxious when trying a cold start that leads to the engine flooding.
How long to wait if engine is flooded?
Perhaps the best remedy for a flooded engine is time. Simply open the hood of your car and let excessive fuel evaporate for as long as you can. After about 20 minutes try starting your car again without hitting the gas pedal. If this still does not work, you may have to check your spark plugs.