Asked by: Moraima Ordonneautechnology and computing shareware and freeware
How do you fix a white screen on a Mac?
Last Updated: 30th April, 2020
- Turn off your Mac.
- Restart your Mac and hold option+R keys immediatelyafterthe Apple startup chime.
- When your computer starts up, you will see the OS Xutilitiesmenu.
- Select Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Select your start up disk.
- Click Repair Disk.
- Then reboot your Mac.
Click to see full answer.
Regarding this, what do I do if my Mac has a white screen?
How to Recover From a White Screen When BootingaMac
- Reboot into Safe Mode.
- Reset NVRAM.
- Reset SMC.
- 1) Shut down your MacBook.
- 2) Connect the power adapter to the Mac.
- 3) On the keyboard, hold down the Shift + Control + OptionkeysAND the power button at the same time.
- 4) Release all keys and the power button simultaneously.
- 5) Boot the Mac as usual.
Additionally, how do I fix my Mac that won't boot up? Hold down all of these keys: Command, Option (Alt), PandR, and turn on the Mac (it's the same keys toresetthe PRAM). Keep holding the keys down until youhearthe Mac restart again. Apple says to let itrestartjust the one time; I usually listen for asecondreboot, and then release thekeys.
Subsequently, question is, what does a white screen on a Mac mean?
This white (or gray) screen means thatyourmacOS or OS X can't start because of problems withthesystem's hardware or software. If your Mac fails tostart-upregularly, try these quick tips to troubleshootyourproblem(s).
Why is my Mac stuck on the startup screen?
Shut down your computer; restart and then hold downthe"Command-R" keys until you see the OS X Recoveryutilityscreen. Select the "Disk Utility" option and selectthe"First Aid" tab. Select your hard drive from the sidebar andthenclick "Repair" to diagnose and repair the disk.