Asked by: Arcelia Csakitechnology and computing programming languages
How do you fix SQLite database is locked?
Last Updated: 9th June, 2020
- To fix “SQLite database is locked error code 5” the best solution is to create a backup of the database, which will have no locks on it. After that, replace the database with its backup copy.
- Sqlite> .backup main backup.Sqlite.
- Sqlite> .exit.
- $mv .x.Sqlite old.Sqlite.
- $mv backup.Sqlite .x.Sqlite.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, why SQLite database is locked?
The database gets locked in a situation when you try to DROP or CREATE an index or table while SELECT statement is still in a pending state. The main reason behind it is the misconception of the users that if the Sqlite3_() returns the SQLITE_DONE value, the SELECT statement is finished.
Subsequently, question is, can SQLite handle multiple users? Yes SQLite can support multiple users at once. It does however lock the whole database when writing, so if you have lots of concurrent writes it is not the database you want (usually the time the database is locked is a few milliseconds - so for most uses this does not matter).
In this regard, how do I open a SQLite database?
SQLite Backup & Database
- Navigate to "C:sqlite" folder, then double-click sqlite3.exe to open it.
- Open the database using the following query .open c:/sqlite/sample/SchoolDB.db.
- If it is in the same directory where sqlite3.exe is located, then you don't need to specify a location, like this: .open SchoolDB.db.
Is SQLite concurrent?
Overview. Usually, SQLite allows at most one writer to proceed concurrently. The BEGIN CONCURRENT enhancement allows multiple writers to process write transactions simultanously if the database is in "wal" or "wal2" mode, although the system still serializes COMMIT commands.