Asked by: Salas Lazhintsevtravel travel preparation
How do you get a job at the US Embassy?
Last Updated: 2nd January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, people ask, how do you get a job at an embassy?
some ways to work in embassy….
- get a degree in any field preferably politics or IR and then clear civil services exam to become IFS.
- get a degree in any field and then clear ssc exam with very good rank to get job in external affairs ministry where you can get a chance for embassy work if you are lucky.
One may also ask, what kind of jobs are there in an embassy? 12 Ways to Work at the US Embassy
- FOREIGN SERVICE GENERALIST (FSO) I refer to FSOs as “diplomats” because I think this is the position most people imagine when they hear the word.
- FOREIGN SERVICE SPECIALIST (FSS)
- CONSULAR FELLOW (CF)
- USAID (FSO)
- PRESIDENTIAL MANAGEMENT FELLOW (PMF)
- CIVIL SERVICE.
- FOREIGN AGRICULTURAL SERVICE (FAS)
Similarly, how can I work for a US embassy?
In order to be eligible for a position at a US Embassy, the US Department of State requires all candidates to be US citizens on the date of application. Candidates must be between the ages of 21 years and 60 years at the time of appointment, and must be willing and able to relocate for assignments around the world.
How much do you get paid to work in an embassy?
115 U.S. Embassy Employee Salaries U.S. Embassy employees earn $44,500 annually on average, or $21 per hour, which is 34% lower than the national salary average of $63,000 per year.