- Clean the disc with a mild soap and warm water. This willremoveany oils and finger marks.
- Dry the disc with a lint-free cloth.
- Squeeze toothpaste on the disc.
- Rub the toothpaste on the disc in a straight motion (not inacircular motion) from the center to the outer edges.
- Wash off the toothpaste and dry the disc.
In this manner, can a scratched DVD be repaired?
Incredibly, scratches in the surface of a CDorDVD can be fixed with softened wax! As with thetoothpastefix, you can use shoe polish, lip balm, furniturewax, oreven petroleum jelly. Again, rub it into the surface of thedisc tofill the scratch.
Also know, how do you fix a scratched DVD with toothpaste?
Apply a small amount of toothpaste to asoftclean cloth and rub on the scratch in anon-radialmotion. Do not rub in a circular motion as that can causeminutescratches that can hinder the laser tracking system intheDVD reader. Rinse the disc with warm water andallowit to dry.
Use a cotton or soft wool cloth with alittlenon-abrasive toothpaste to quickly buff away scratchesoneye glasses. Rub the lens gently, moving the cloth insmallcircles. Continue this motion for around ten seconds. Rinsewithcold water and wipe dry.