Asked by: Tristana Finbowhobbies and interests jewelry making
How do you get rid of solder?
Last Updated: 30th January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in view, can you remove solder?
2.1 Desoldering Bulb, Pump, or SolderSucker Also called solder suckers, desoldering bulbsare the current most popular method for remove solder fromcircuit board holes. To prevent damage to the board, youshould re-solder your soldering iron now and then asthe technique will remove solder from it aswell.
Also Know, how do you Desolder something? Method 1 Using a Desoldering Pump
- Locate the terminals for the component to be removed.
- Clean the terminals.
- Attach a heat sink.
- Clean your soldering iron as it heats.
- Push down on the desoldering pump.
- Heat the old solder with your soldering iron.
- Vacuum up the melted solder.
- Empty the desoldering pump into the trash.
how do you remove solder without a pump?
How to Remove Solder Without a Soldering Iron
- Heat one of the flat head screwdrivers with the propanetorch.
- Apply the red hot screwdriver to the solder, being careful notto touch the surrounding circuitry if you are removing the solderfrom a piece of electronic equipment.
- Touch the cold flat head screwdriver to the liquid solder, andquickly remove it.
Can you solder over old solder?
Just heat the joint up with your torch, once thesolder starts to melt use Channel locks to pull the fittingsapart. Once the joint is apart, wipe as much old solder offas you can with a rag. Now you can start over.Clean, Flux, solder.