Asked by: Percy Kellinghausbusiness and finance human resources
How do you give feedback effectively?
Last Updated: 23rd April, 2020
- Pay It Forward. Very simply, do a good deed for a colleague oremployee and ask them to do the same for someone else in turn.
- Be Very Specific.
- Don't Wait for a Quarterly Review.
- Make it one-on-one.
- End on a Positive Note.
- Use the 3×3 Method.
- Focus on Performance, Not Personality.
- Focus on Individual Efforts.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly one may ask, how do you give and receive feedback effectively?
Use the tips below to receive and give feedbackeffectively.
Receiving feedback effectively
- Listen to the feedback given. This means not interrupting.
- Be aware of your responses. Your body language and tone ofvoice often speak louder than words.
- Be open.
- Understand the message.
- Reflect and decide what to do.
- Follow up.
One may also ask, how do you give professional feedback? Positive feedback focuses on what we're doing right; itfeels gratifying, and it affirms our work.
Follow Blake's six-step method to providing effective,constructive feedback.
- Be specific.
- Deliver feedback proactively.
- Take a breath.
- Check your bias.
- Invite discussion.
- Follow through.
Secondly, how do you give someone feedback?
- Check Your Motives. Before giving feedback, remind yourself whyyou are doing it.
- Be Timely. The closer to the event you address the issue, thebetter.
- Make It Regular. Feedback is a process that requires constantattention.
- Prepare Your Comments.
- Be Specific.
- Criticize in Private.
- Use "I" Statements.
- Limit Your Focus.
What are some examples of positive feedback?
In a positive feedback system, the outputenhances the original stimulus. A good example of apositive feedback system is child birth. During labor, ahormone called oxytocin is released that intensifies and speeds upcontractions.