- PLANTING IS AS EASY AS 1-2-3.
- In the garden, dig a hole 5” deep.
- Set the eucomis bulb into the hole.
- Cover with soil and water lightly.
- PLANTING TIPS FOR EUCOMIS.
- Grow eucomis in loose, well-drained soil.
- In late summer, flower stalks emerge from the center of the plant and will rise to a height of 12-18".
Just so, how deep do you plant Eucomis?
Plant 3 bulbs into a pot 30cm (12in) across. Use a loam-based compost with extra grit added, ? compost, ? grit, making sure you have a pot deep enough to allow them to be planted at least 15cm deep. You'll need to water when they're growing at full tilt, best done in the evening.
Similarly, it is asked, how do you grow Eucomis bicolor?
Despite its tenderness, Eucomis bicolor is easy to grow. Plant bulbs in pots in spring and move outside once all danger of frost has passed. Water frequently in dry weather. Dig up bulbs or move pots indoors in autumn and keep dry until the following spring.
Toxicity of Pineapple Lily The bulbs of pineapple lilies are poisonous if ingested. The foliage and flowers are not toxic, but neither are they edible.