Asked by: Alaitz Yuhanaevhobbies and interests scrapbooking
How do you hand paint enamel mugs?
Last Updated: 13th April, 2021
Click to see full answer.
In this manner, can you paint on enamel mugs?
Rubbing alcohol and a paper towel. White extra fine tip oil based Sharpie paint pen. Other paint pens designed for use on ceramics should work, but water based makers will not work! They'll go on the mug, but rub right off.
Similarly, how do you hand paint a coffee mug? Steps
- Lay down newspapers on your workspace.
- Pour the acrylic paint(s) of your choice onto a paint palette.
- Use a pencil to outline a design on your mug.
- Brush the first layer of paint on the mug and let it dry.
- Paint more layers until your design is complete.
- Air-dry the mug for 24 hours.
Likewise, what kind of paint do you use on coffee mugs?
How do you paint enamel?
Mix your enamel paint with a stir stick and dip your brush into it, wiping off all excess paint. Then, start painting at the center of your piece and work your way outwards. This allows you to concentrate on the most visible areas of the surface first. Continue on to do a second coat if needed after the first is dry.