Asked by: Choumicha Martzenkohome and garden outdoor decorating
How do you hang lights without damaging walls?
Last Updated: 27th March, 2020
- Choose gutter hooks to quickly hang lights alongyourgutters.
- Opt for shingle tabs to position the lights on topofyour roof.
- Use adhesive clips or hooks if you have siding or othersmoothsurfaces.
- Leave 6–8 in (15–20 cm) of space between eachhookor clip.
Click to see full answer.
In this regard, how do you stick lights to a wall?
Stick a small adhesive decorating clip tothewalls in each place you want to attach a strandoflights. To secure a vertical stretch of lightsgoingstraight up or down the wall, face the clips inalternatingdirections to make the arrangement moresecure.
One may also ask, how do I string lights across my backyard? 7 Ways to String Lights in your Backyard:
- String lights along your fence.
- Hang strings of lights from poles placed on the corners ofyourdeck.
- Run lights along your deck railing.
- Hang lights back and forth along the inside your deck pergolaorgazebo.
- String lights in backyard trees.
- String lights from a tree to your deck space, so your yardislit up.
Likewise, how do you hang lights on a brick wall?
Lay out your string of lights to ensure youhaveenough length to work with. Start at one end and apply hotgluealong the side of the base of the light, then pressitfirmly against the brick. Hold it for about 10seconds,which should be enough time for the glue to cool andthelight to adhere to the brick surface.
How do you hide battery packs on fairy lights?
To hide the battery pack, useadouble-sided tape on the flat side of the battery packandstick in on the inside of the vase rim (be sure to leave½-1inch of space between the water and the batterypack). Workthe string light around the vase and tape the end tothe bottom ofthe vase to hide any tape fromsight.