Asked by: Gracinda Warnckenbusiness and finance construction industry
How do you install brick veneer on a fireplace?
Last Updated: 16th June, 2020
- Remove mantels and paneling from the wall.
- Mark your walls as a guide for the brick veneer.
- Spread thinset on a 4- to 6-foot section of the wall with a trowel.
- Cut edge pieces with a tile cutter, or a wet saw if you are working with a large area.
- Set the second course of bricks in the same manner as the first course.
Click to see full answer.
In this way, how do you brick around a fireplace?
Installing brick veneer around a fireplace
- Make sure the wall surrounding the fireplace is even and sturdy.
- Using a tape measure and pencil, mark your spots along the wall every 2 5/8 inches for one row or 5 1/4 inches for every two rows.
- Taking a trowel, spread thinset on 4-foot to 6-foot sections of the wall.
Secondly, how much does it cost to install brick veneer? Typical brick veneers cost between $8-$10 per square foot while stone veneers can push this up to $17 per square foot. Complex designs and materials are available that increase the cost to sometimes $30-$40 per square foot.
Herein, can you install brick veneer over drywall?
Installing on drywall: In most cases you can adhere our thin brick tiles directly over a painted or unpainted dry wall surface. However, it is not recommended in areas where the drywall is not well attached to wall studs.
What is the thickness of brick veneer?
Most thin brick units are ½ to 1 in. (13 to 25 mm) thick but can be as thick as 1¾ in. (45 mm). Thin brick shapes such as those depicted in Figure 9 allow the adhered veneer to be applied around corners, giving the appearance of traditional face brick facades.