Asked by: Badria Scherbaumhome and garden indoor environmental quality
How do you install vinyl siding on a shed door?
Last Updated: 26th April, 2021
- Step 1: Planning and Preparation.
- Step 2: Install Soffit and Fascia (Optional)
- Step 3: Install Corner Posts.
- Step 4: Level and Nail Starter Strips.
- Step 5: Install J-Channel Around Windows and Door.
- Step 6: Install Siding Panels.
- Step 7: Install Siding Around Shed Windows and Doors.
- Step 8: Install the Top Row.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly one may ask, how do you vinyl side a shed door?
How to Install Vinyl Siding on a Shed
- Cut four vinyl corners by measuring from the bottom of the soffit to 1/4-inch below the shed's boxing.
- Use a chop saw to cut the corners, or use tin snips and cut them by hand.
- Nail the vinyl corners onto the corners of the shed, using a carpenter's level to make sure each corner is vertical.
Also Know, what is the cheapest siding for a shed? Save up to $3,000 on this shed
- OSB siding. Siding panels made from oriented strand board cost far less than solid wood or plywood panels, and come preprimed, saving you money and labor.
- Wood foundation.
- Cost-cutting custom door.
- Easy arch-top windows.
- Composite trim.
Hereof, how much does it cost to put vinyl siding on a shed?
Average vinyl siding prices The cost of the vinyl siding itself ranges from $3 to $8 per square foot. Depending on the contractor you hire, this price may or may not include the labor costs for removing existing siding and installing the new vinyl siding.
What is the best siding for a shed?
LP® manufactured wood siding is the best choice for wood sheds. Our LP® Smartside siding is weather resistant, does not need yearly staining or painting (once painted), rot, decay and insect resistant, and paint jobs are more durable with LP® Smartside siding.