Asked by: Jhaneth Gstattnervideo gaming adventure video games
How do you make a game pitch?
Last Updated: 10th February, 2020
- Describe your game precisely.
- Make clear what sets your project appart.
- Know Your Audience.
- Prepare your visual aids.
- Mention all the achievements of your project.
- Don't be afraid to practice your pitch and share your idea.
- Follow up on new contacts.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly one may ask, how do you pitch a game?
Before the Pitch
- Know your audience. Every publisher has a unique approach to rounding out their roster.
- Know your product.
- Prepare something special.
- Don't get bogged down in minor details.
- Bring everything and ensure contingencies.
- Face time is critical.
can you sell a game idea? Answer: It's very very difficult to sell an idea in any industry and especially in the game industry. Unless the idea is something nobody has ever thought of and is obviously a winner it is unlikely you could find somebody interested in creating the product and giving you royalties.
In respect to this, how do you pitch a video game concept?
The Guide to Great Video Game Design) there are several guidelines you can follow to make sure your pitch goes as smoothly as possible.
- Set the tone from the beginning; you are entertaining, not just selling.
- Know your USPs.
- Don't be afraid to share your ideas.
- Be prepared for the worst.
How do I get my game noticed?
Here are a few effective ways to get your indie game noticed:
- Join groups, post relevant content in those groups. Participate in #screenshotsaturday.
- Grow your Twitter fanbase. Post often.
- Create a subreddit.
- Make consistent updates about your game.