Asked by: Yissel Schoennertfood and drink desserts and baking
How do you make a good fruit tray?
Last Updated: 1st April, 2020
- Buy fruit that is fresh and in-season.
- Choose at least three different fruits.
- Cut the fruit into manageable sizes.
- Don't slice everything.
- Arrange it on a pretty platter.
- Group the fruit together.
- Add some garnish for color and interest.
- Include a fun dip or toppings, if you like.
Click to see full answer.
In this regard, can you make a fruit tray the night before?
Most of the fruit should be purchased as closetothe date of the event as possible. The day of, or thedaybefore is best. You can make the entiretraythe day of the event, by washing the fruit,cutting it up,and arranging it on the tray, and then keepingtheplatter chilled, and covered, untilservingtime.
Furthermore, how do you cut strawberries for a fruit tray? Strawberry Halves Remove the stems with a paring knife or corer.Then,simply cut the strawberries in half lengthwise.Ifyour strawberries are on the large side, you may wanttotrim off any excess white core to improve the appearance.Halvedstrawberries look best on a fruit traywhencut lengthwise.
Then, how much fruit do I need for 25 guests?
When determining how much fruit to buy, gobyweight. Figure on 4 ounces of fruit, not counting peels,perperson, or about 25 pounds of fruit for100people.
What is the best fruit for a fruit tray?
- Melons – they're firmer so make a great base forthesofter berries and fruits.
- Tropical fruit – the top of a pineapple can beincludedfor height, while dragonfruit looks vibrant.
- Fresh figs.
- Dried fruit (particularly for an autumn/winterfruitplatter)