Hereof, how do you make a wild bird nesting box?
- Find the right bird-friendly spot for your box.
- Make sure you have the right wood.
- Measure and cut your wood according to the diagram.
- Nail all the pieces, except the roof, together.
- Attach the roof.
- Decorate you box.
- Put your box up.
- What to look for.
- Keep your pets leashed and supervise them while they're outside.
- Remove bird feeders.
- Put shiny objects that move out in the yard, such as silver streamers.
- Build a mesh wire roof over the area where you let your pets out.
Regarding this, can you buy a hawk as a pet?
This is not an easier way to have a hawk than becoming a falconer would be; it takes time and effort and expense. And most of the birds you care for should eventually be released back into the wild—they're not “pets”, they're not even “yours”.
The recommended direction to face a nest box is between north and east, as this will provide natural protection from direct sunlight, wind and rain, creating a more suitable and safe environment for growing birds. The box can also be tilted marginally forward to allow any rain to run clear of the entrance.