Asked by: Fedra Rolfsmeierhome and garden home security
How do you make a motion light activated?
- Shut Off the Power and Wire Your Motion Sensor Lights. The first step to installing your outdoor security lights or security spotlights is to shut off the power at the service panel and remove the existing floodlight.
- Add the Motion Sensor and Restore Power.
- Activate Your Motion Sensor.
Similarly, how do you make a motion sensor light up?
- Step 1: Cut the LED strip lights to fit your bed. Get a roll of LED strip lights that's long enough to fit the perimeter of your bed.
- Step 2: Attach the strips below the bed.
- Step 3: Plug in the LEDs and the motion sensor.
- Step 4: Mount or place the motion sensor.
Subsequently, one may also ask, how do motion lights work?
How motion detectors work. Motion detectors are small electronic eyes that detect infrared waves—heat waves that radiate from moving objects. Then the detector automatically shuts the light off unless it continues to sense movement. A photocell deactivates the motion sensing light during daylight hours.
Keep in mind that most motion sensors can detect between 50 and 80 feet. Most burglars enter the home through a front or back door, patio door, or garage door, so it's advisable to place the sensors near those areas.