Asked by: Desirae Munainfood and drink desserts and baking
How do you make raisin paste?
Last Updated: 16th February, 2020
- Place raisins in a glass bowl. Pour boiling water overthem, just enough to cover raisins.
- Turn food processor on and let it go until you have a thickpaste.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
- Use 2 teaspoons of raisin paste for every date in mostrecipes.
Click to see full answer.
Herein, what is raisin paste used for?
It is used in a variety of food applicationsincluding ice cream toppings, confections and snacks, baked goods,and cereals. Raisin Paste is very high in proteins andcarbohydrates, and is considered very good for your dailydiet.
Subsequently, question is, can you use dates instead of raisins? For most recipes, different types of raisins canbe used interchangeably, except when specified. Even then, youcan substitute, but don't expect the intended flavor of theoriginal recipe. Other dried fruit such as pitted, choppeddates, prunes, or dried cranberries can besubstituted measure-for-measure for raisins.
Keeping this in consideration, can you blend raisins?
All you need to make raisin paste or sauceare raisins and water. You'll soak the raisinsin hot water for a few minutes to rehydrate them, and thenblend them in a food processor until you get a peanutbutter consistency.
What can you replace dates with in a recipe?
You can most types of dates interchangeably. If youdon't have or don't wish to use dates, you can substitute equalamounts of:
- Dried figs.
- OR - Dried raisins.
- OR - Dried cranberries (craisins)
- OR - Dried cherries.
- OR - to really vary the flavor use dried apricots.