Asked by: Indira Aurrecoecheaautomotive auto parts
How do you measure a go kart drive belt?
Last Updated: 23rd February, 2020
- Determine the Series Type. (
- Measure the "Outer Diameter" (O.D.) of the driven pulley on the jackshaft.
- Measure the "Center Distance"; which is the exact distance between the center of the engine crankshaft and the center of the jackshaft or secondary shaft.
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, what's the difference between 30 and 40 Series torque converter?
Actually you have it backwards, the 30 is asymmetrical(one side of belt/pulleys is flat), 40 is symmetrical(V belt). So long as it fits the engine and fits in the cart you are good to go.
Beside above, how do you measure a motor belt? Measure and record the distance between the motor shaft and the pulley shaft, and then measure the diameter of the motor pulley (also called the drive pulley or sheave) and the fan pulley (called the driven pulley). So, select a new belt the next length above 43 inches. Next, determine the thickness of the belt.
Secondly, how do you measure a missing v belt?
Measuring Belt Length without an Existing V Belt
- Wrap 1/4 inch nylon rope around both pulleys.
- Draw a line across the nylon rope with a black permanent marker.
- Lay the marked nylon rope on a flat surface.
- Measure the distance between the two marks with a tape measure to determine the circumference of the needed V belt.
How do you measure a torque converter belt?
Take a measurement from the centerline of the crankshaft to the centerline of the rear driven pulley's shaft. This measurement needs to be within 1/16"! If you can provide us with that measurement and the style of torque converter you have, we can get you the correct belt.