Asked by: Sirlene Gallianicareers resume writing and advice
How do you mention a reference in an email?
Last Updated: 16th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in view, how do you mention references in a cover letter?
When you use a referral in your coverletter, mention them in the first paragraph. Include theindividual by name and describe your connection with them as well.Give a brief account of how you know the person, and explain howthey came to be familiar with your workqualifications.
Also Know, how do you list a friend as a reference?
- You are able to list social or professional references.
- Ask your friend first - permission.
- Ask for her/ his complete name, contact information and maybeprofessional affiliation.
- You can either list them as your professional references orsocial references like if they want know more about yourcharacter.
Also to know is, how do you send a reference?
When you provide a list of professionalreferences to an employer, you should include your name atthe top of the page. Then list your references, includingtheir name, job title, company, and contact information, with aspace in between each reference.
What do you say in a reference?
If you agree to provide a reference, follow thesetips:
- Keep the information factual. Avoid opinions about issues suchas personal conflicts.
- Qualify what you say. For example, “It was ourexperience…”
- Make your praise specific.
- Refer to specific tasks or projects.
- Avoid examples that highlight a candidate's weaknesses.