Asked by: Katrine Jebenshobbies and interests painting
How do you paint an old closet?
Last Updated: 12th March, 2020
- Sand all over – just enough to dull the surface and provide a key for the paint.
- Wipe off the dust off with a damp sponge (just water, no soap or cleaner which could affect the paint application).
- Prime the surface – I used a general water-based primer and undercoat in one from B&Q.
- Leave to dry then do a second coat.
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, can old closet doors be painted?
You can paint closet doors in place or remove them before painting. Painting in place requires a bit of skill with a brush, but removing them can be difficult if they are heavy. Sand the door smooth with a block sander or palm sander and fine-grit sandpaper.
Beside above, how can I paint my closet fast? How to Paint Inside Closets
- Step 1 Clean It Out. Remove all the items in the closet.
- Step 2 Repair Holes. Dip the putty knife into the wood filler and remove a small amount.
- Step 3 Tape. Stick painter's tape to the edges of door facings and baseboards to protect them during painting.
- Step 4 Cut in Edges.
- Step 5 Get Rolling.
- Step 6 Complete Closet.
Thereof, what kind of paint do you use in a closet?
You can use a flat or semi-gloss to match the room's walls, but in a closet, satin paint is often a better option. Satin doesn't show scuffs, streaks and other marks as easily as semi-gloss, so it's ideal for a closet where you regularly pull items out and put them back.
What color should closet doors be painted?
White or a light color are good choices. Choose a paint with a shinier sheen such as semi-gloss, which will reflect more light. Pantry or bathroom closets.