Asked by: Yibo Vulcanohobbies and interests painting
How do you paint an outdoor concrete fountain?
Last Updated: 19th April, 2021
- Coat the fountain with concrete sealer. Apply it with a paintbrush to get into all the small decorative areas.
- Apply a primer. Use a new paintbrush to apply a paint primer.
- Paint the fountain using an oil-based paint. The oil-based paint will help protect the fountain from water damage.
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in view, what kind of paint do you use on a concrete fountain?
Concrete water fountains can be painted with an exterior latex or oil-based paint. You can also use a concrete stain. If you go with a stain, you need to remove the old paint and sealer with a concrete and masonry paint stripper.
can I put vinegar in my water fountain? White Vinegar and Water Mix one half cup of white vinegar to one gallon of warm water. Then, using a nylon scrubber, scrub down the entire fountain. If you have stubborn stains or hard water buildup you may need to use pure vinegar and a bit of elbow grease. Rinse well with clean water, fill, and you are finished.
Consequently, how do you refinish a concrete fountain?
- Empty the fountain of water and remove the pump and any stones or ornaments.
- Wash away any algae or other stuck-on matter by scrubbing the fountain walls with hot water and dish soap then rinsing the fountain with fresh water.
- Coat the fountain with concrete stripper to remove the finish, using a paintbrush or sprayer.
Does vinegar remove paint from concrete?
Vinegar is an easy, inexpensive and effective way to remove dried, stuck-on paint from windows and other hard surfaces. Most importantly, vinegar is economical, environmentally friendly and removes stubborn paint with absolutely no dangerous chemicals or toxic fumes. If you don't like the aroma of vinegar, don't worry.