Asked by: Sorangel Usinhome and garden smart home
How do you physically install ring video doorbell 2 without an existing doorbell?
Last Updated: 19th January, 2020
- Step One: Charge the Provided Battery.
- Step Two: Line Up your Ring Video Doorbell 2.
- Step Three: Drill Holes.
- Step Four: Place Your Ring Video Doorbell over the holes.
- Step Five: Screw in the Ring Doorbell 2.
- Step Six: Install the Faceplate.
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, how do you install a ring doorbell without an existing doorbell?
How to Install a Ring Doorbell without an Existing Doorbell
- Insert the level tool into the front of your Ring device.
- Using the level tool, position the Ring Doorbell where you want it installed.
- Mark off the mounting holes using a pencil.
- Screw your Ring doorbell into the wall.
- Place the faceplate on the Ring video doorbell.
One may also ask, do you need an existing doorbell for ring? If you do not have it connected through wiring, only the unit and your mobile devices will ring. They do have the Ring Chime, which is a wireless unit that you plug in inside your house that works with the door bell if you want more of a traditional system without the wiring.
Furthermore, can you install ring doorbell without drilling?
The Ring Door View Cam is a wire-free solution, meaning it requires no drilling or permanent modifications to your door or home to install. Simply remove the existing equipment, install the Door View Cam in its place on each side of the door and add the rechargeable battery and removable faceplate.
Do you need a doorbell for ring?
Ring Video Doorbell review. This smart doorbell doesn't need to be wired into your house. Unlike its competition, however, Ring doesn't require dedicated electrical wiring; instead, it can work off of rechargeable battery power.