Asked by: Airon Mendikoahobbies and interests board games and puzzles
How do you pitch a game idea to a developer?
Last Updated: 14th May, 2020
- Set the tone from the beginning; you are entertaining, not just selling.
- Know your USPs.
- Don't be afraid to share your ideas.
- Be prepared for the worst.
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, can you sell an idea for a video game?
Answer: It's very very difficult to sell an idea in any industry and especially in the game industry. Unless the idea is something nobody has ever thought of and is obviously a winner it is unlikely you could find somebody interested in creating the product and giving you royalties.
Additionally, how do you patent a video game concept? Proceeding with a Game Patent
- Keep detailed documentation that includes drawings and rules for the game.
- Build a prototype.
- Conduct a patent search to verify no patent is already in the same field.
- Fill out and file the United States Patent and Trademark Office's patent application.
Similarly one may ask, how do you pitch a board game idea to a company?
How to Publish a Board Game
- Come up with an initial idea for a game.
- Make a prototype.
- Test, test, test!
- Give your game a theme.
- Decide if you want to publish your game, or license it to another company.
- Find an illustrator.
- Find a graphic designer.
- Make a pretty prototype.
How do I copyright a video game?
The US Copyright Office specifically states that “Copyright does not protect the idea for a game, its name or title, or the method or methods for playing it. Nor does copyright protect any idea, system, method, device, or trademark material involved in developing, merchandising, or playing a game.”