Asked by: Abelia Villacierosfamily and relationships parenting teens
How do you prevent culture shock?
Last Updated: 20th June, 2020
- Understand. It is common to experience culture shock when living in a foreign country.
- Accept and Adapt.
- Learn and be Open-Minded.
- Positive Attitude.
- Touch Base with Home.
- Don't Compare.
- Stay Active.
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, how can we prevent cultural shock?
There are several ways to lessen the impact of culture shock.
- Avoid stereotypes.
- Keep an open mind.
- Talk about your culture and the adjustment process.
- Speak English.
- Join the Conversation Group at The Rider Learning Center.
- Join the International Student Club.
Similarly, how do you adapt to culture shock? Strategies to help you cope with the adjustment process
- Culture is relative.
- Be open-minded and curious.
- Use your observation skills.
- Ask questions.
- It's ok to experience anxiety.
- Give yourself (and others) permission to make mistakes.
- Take care of your physical health.
- Find a cultural ally.
Correspondingly, why does culture shock occur?
Culture shock isn't caused by a specific event; it results from encountering different ways of doing things, being cut off from behavioral cues, having your own values brought into question, and feeling you don't know the rules.
What is culture shock example?
For example, communication problems such as not being understood, food, attitude, and customs, these things may start to irritate you. At this this stage, you may have feelings of discontent, impatience, anger, sadness, and a feeling of incompetence.