Asked by: Salka Ochandorenastyle and fashion bath and shower
How do you prime a hot tub pump?
Last Updated: 16th April, 2020
- Turn the spa on and wait for PR (Priming Mode) to appear on the topside display.
- Press the JETS button to turn on the pump and let it run for 10 seconds.
- Press the JETS buttons again and let the pump run in high speed for 10 seconds.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, you may ask, how long does it take to prime a hot tub?
Control Panel Priming Turn your jets on low for 10–20 seconds. Switch your jets to high for another 10–20 seconds. Repeat until the water pressure is normal and jets are working without any gurgling or air bubbles.
Likewise, how do I reset my hot tub pump? How to Reset a Spa Heater
- Locate the spa's high-limit reset. This is a red button found on many spa packs.
- Press the high-limit reset button.
- Turn on your spa and observe its operation.
- Flip the breaker panel switch on or press the reset button on the GFCI outlet to restore power.
Also to know, what is priming mode on a hot tub?
Once power is initiated to your hot tub it will go through a priming mode. The purpose of the priming mode is to manually activate each spa pump prior to the automatic heat cycle being started. Typically cycling each pump a few times will prime or purge any air from that pumps plumbing.
How do I know if my hot tub pump is bad?
There are several signs of hot tub pump failure:
- Humming noise from motor not turning, frozen shaft, bearings or impeller, or defective starting capacitor.
- Whining noise from worn bearings.
- Leaks under the pump from a failure of the pump seals.