- Rinse fully ripe figs.
- Cut the figs in half.
- Lay them on a wire or wooden rack covered withcheesecloth.
- Cover the figs with cheesecloth.
- Place the rack in full sunlight during the day.
- Return the figs to the sun for 2 to 3 days.
- Store the dried figs in airtight containers in thefridge or freezer.
Also to know is, how do you eat a raw fig?
Fresh figs are usually eaten raw. Theytaste best eaten straight off the tree, ideally still warmfrom the sun. The entire fig is edible, from the thin skinto the red or purplish flesh and the myriad tiny seeds, but theycan be peeled if you wish. Always cut off the stem.
Likewise, people ask, do figs need to be soaked?
Consume them twice a day by soaking three to fourfigs in water. You can also drink the water in whichthey are soaked. The seeds in the figs are the activeagents that fight the piles (26). Soak the figs in aglass of water for about 12 hours before consumingthem.
There are two seasons for domestic fresh figs;the first or "breba" season is the first few weeks in June. Thesecond or "new wood" season typically runs from August throughOctober. The most common variety is the Black Mission figfollowed by the Brown Turkey fig and the Green Kadotafig respectivly.