Asked by: Queralt Luppusmusic and audio tv and film podcasts
How do you reference a piece of art?
Last Updated: 12th January, 2020
- List the name of the artist first.
- Type the title of the painting in italics.
- Provide the date of composition and the painting'slocation.
- Reference any book or website where the painting islocated.
- Mention the artist and the artwork in the text ofyour paper.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, how do you cite a piece of art?
To cite an original work of visualart (a lithograph, painting, photograph, sculpture, etc.) inan institution such as a museum or in a private collection, followthis format: Artist's last name, first name. Title ofartwork.
One may also ask, how do you reference an image? List of references
- author (if available)
- year produced (if available)
- title of image (or a description)
- Format and any details (if applicable)
- name and place of the sponsor of the source.
- accessed day month year (the date you viewed/ downloaded theimage)
- URL or Internet address (between pointed brackets)
Regarding this, how do you cite a painting name?
Start with the artists name and the title of thepainting in italics. Enter the date of the art work. If it'sunknown enter n.d. to replace the date. Provide the institutionalname that is in charge of the artwork and finally thelocation of the institution.
How do you Harvard reference artwork?
Painting or Drawing
- Year (if available)
- Title of the work (in italics)
- Medium (in square brackets)
- Institution or collection that houses the work, followed by thecity.